Forwarded on behalf of The Claremont Colleges:
February 28, 2020
For members of the TCC community who choose to travel internationally during spring break or during the months ahead, we urge awareness that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is continuously evolving. If making travel plans, please consider the following:
COVID-19 may spread in countries with identified cases or to new areas. Recently, community spread that is not linked to other cases or recent travel to mainland China has been observed. TCC continues to assess risk based on the number of cases, community spread, public health infrastructure, as well as other factors. Please check for any new travel restriction updates before departing the United States. The CDC and the Department of State are the best resources for the latest information.
- Please stay actively alert to changes and developments that may affect your plans.
- Monitor travel advisories daily, including potential restrictions on border crossings or closed borders. Countries you visit may decide to implement travel restrictions with very little notice, impacting your ability to return to campus.
- Airlines may cancel/limit flights in or out of a country or region.
- Additional quarantine measures may be applied by the U.S. and other countries.
- Re-entry to the U.S. could be restricted.
- Prior to your return to campus, CDC guidelines may require you to self-isolate depending on your travel.
- International students and foreign nationals should check their immigration documents before leaving the U.S. If you are unable to return to the U.S. for the start of the quarter, your visa status may be impacted.