Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Are visitors allowed on campus? What happens if I think I have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19? Is it safe to host an in-person event? May I get a COVID test at SHS?
We have added substantively to our COVID-19 protocols now that our campus has reopened. Our foremost goal is to ensure the health and safety of our campus so that we can deliver on our research and educational mission. Community members are encouraged to visit my.cgu.edu/covid-19-response to find information about the return to campus.
The latest information uploaded to the website includes:
Positive COVID diagnosis process and flowchart (Please read this process thoroughly to understand your responsibilities as a member of the CGU Community.)
• Notify Human Resources immediately
• Professionally trained contact tracers at Student Health Services will conduct contact tracing
• Actions for close-contact individuals dependent on vaccination status
• Those not deemed to be a “close contact” will not be contacted by contact tracers
• Unvaccinated staff, faculty, or students with approved exemptions are on a list to be tested at SHS on a regular basis for screening purposes.
• Vaccinated staff, faculty, or students cannot have screening testing at SHS; they need to go to their primary care physicians to be tested or to a participating testing location, unless you are a student AND SHS is your primary medical provider.
• In addition, CGU community members with any COVID symptoms cannot test at SHS.
• Please consider virtual events and/or maintaining a virtual attendance option for those not able/willing to visit campus.
• Event must be planned in accordance with public health guidelines.
• Event must follow all CGU protocols, regardless of venue (on or off campus)
Campus Visitor Policy
• Visitors to CGU should review our Campus Visitor Policy before arriving.
• All visitors must fill out a visit request form, preferably ahead of their visit to CGU.
• All visitors must show proof of vaccination.
• All visitors must check in at the Office of Admissions and Visitor Information and receive a visitor badge.
• All visitors must abide by CGU policies.
More detail on each policy and guidance document is available at my.cgu.edu/covid-19-response. Information may change based on public health department updates.
Thank you for following all return-to-campus procedures and keeping our CGU community safe.
COVID-19 Task Force