January 7, 2022
Dear CGU Faculty and Staff,
In the ongoing effort to protect our CGU community and do our part to inhibit or slow the spread of COVID-19, we are putting the following temporary measures into place. We are hopeful that these precautions will get us back to in-person operations and classes as soon as possible.
- CGU will continue modified in-person operations and activities through the end of January.
- The spring semester will still begin on Tuesday, January 18. However, all classes will be in a fully online format for the first two weeks of the semester.
- Unlike the last shutdown, academic campus buildings will remain open during business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm). Therefore, you have access to your offices. If you need after-hours access to your building, staff and faculty can access via ID card or key. If you have questions, please contact your supervisor or dean.
- Please refrain from in-person activities and gatherings whenever possible. All New Student Orientation activities scheduled in the next few weeks will be conducted in a virtual/online format. The Board of Trustees meetings scheduled for January 12 – 13 will take place via Zoom.
Ongoing measures include:
- Masks that fully cover the nose and mouth must be worn in all CGU buildings and offices. Community members are asked to wear masks that provide a good fit and good filtration. The best mask choices are well-fitting medical-grade masks, surgical masks, or higher-level respirators, such as N95, KN95, or KF94 masks. Los Angeles County Public Health provides detailed information about recommended masks and their efficacy. In addition, Human Resources has a limited supply of high-filtration masks available for staff and faculty working on campus.
- Please continue to fill out the daily health check form any time you come to campus. The form can be accessed by scanning the QR code on building entry points or via the CGU website.
- If you do test positive for COVID-19, please inform Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obtaining a vaccine booster when you are eligible is strongly recommended. Studies indicate that booster shots provide improved protection against COVID-19 infection and help prevent severe disease should you become infected.
The mailroom will be open Tuesday – Friday from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. For those that do need to be on campus, Hagelbarger’s Café will remain open from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm during the week.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation and adherence to our CGU COVID-19 policies. Our goal is to return to in-person instruction and operations in February. Your support is essential and appreciated.
CGU COVID-19 Task Force