December 10, 2021
Dear CGU Community:
Thanks for a successful fall semester in our hybrid mode for classes and other university business. As we prepare for the upcoming winter break, please keep apprised of changing information regarding COVID-19.
CGU will follow all Los Angeles County Department of Health COVID-19 guidance regardless of whether the information is included on the CGU COVID-19 response page. Therefore, stay up-to-date by following L.A. County guidance, state requirements, and CDC guidelines.
As always, we encourage safe and healthy practices such as wearing masks indoors, cleaning and sanitizing, as well as vaccinations. In addition, all CGU community members are encouraged to get a vaccine booster when they are eligible.
As you make plans for the break, keep the following information in mind:
- Los Angeles County has updated its travel guidance to inhibit the spread of the Omicron variant. The direct link to the L.A. County travel guidance page is available on the CGU COVID-19 response page. Any travel outside of the country will require a quarantine period upon return. If possible, please coordinate with your supervisor on any required quarantine accommodation before your travel.
- Student Health Services COVID-19 testing facilities will remain open during much of the winter break except for Dec. 24 and 25. Those enrolled in the frequency testing program are not required to conduct their weekly tests during the winter break UNLESS planning to be on campus during the closure.
- New students joining CGU in Spring 2022 received a communication about uploading vaccination information, the affidavit form for those who do not plan to come to campus. We encourage all students to review all information from CGU Admissions and the Dean of Students Office.
- Affidavits confirming no-campus attendance filled out for Fall 2021 will be extended through Spring 2022. Please note that if you’ve completed one of these affidavits and your schedule has changed and will require on-campus attendance, you are required to submit a vaccination card or exemption request.
Finally, we’d like to share information about returning following the winter break:
- All staff, faculty, and students are encouraged to obtain a COVID-19 test before their return. As the winter break may involve gatherings with family and friends, a voluntary testing protocol can help protect our CGU community upon our return.
- There will be a power outage for many CGU buildings on January 3, 2022. Please work with your supervisor to make appropriate plans for the first day of our return. Buildings included in the outage are Burkle, Stauffer, Harper Hall, Harper Hall East, Jagels, McManus, Art Building, and 1006 College. CGU buildings not listed here will have power.
Thanks again for your help in making this fall semester successful! The COVID-19 Task Force wishes everyone a safe and healthy winter break.
CGU COVID-19 Task Force