Several links in the original email were incorrect. This email fixes all the links.
July 20, 2021
Dear CGU Faculty & Staff,
With the full reopening of the CGU campus just one month away, our continued focus is on ensuring the health and safety of our community members. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read through, understand, and follow the guidelines as we welcome our community fully back to campus.
The email distributed from CGU Human Resources on July 12 outlines the current California Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board (Cal/OSHA) requirements. In order to comply with these requirements, a limited number of people in supervisory roles outside of HR will need to know the vaccination status of members within their respective departments. Vaccination status information will be available to vice presidents, associate vice presidents, academic deans, and academic directors and only related to the members of their particular departments. Individuals provided with vaccination status information are empowered to enforce the Cal/OSHA masking requirements and the testing requirement.
We continue to strongly encourage all community members to obtain a vaccine against COVID-19, as vaccinations are the best defense against the virus. Vaccines are free of charge and can be obtained through The Claremont Colleges Student Health Services and at many pharmacies. To date, we have reached a vaccination rate of 75% for our staff and core faculty.
As we approach our return, the following information is essential to all staff and faculty members.
· Please submit your completed vaccination card to Human Resources no later than August 1. Individuals returning to campus earlier than August 16 are asked to submit their card one week prior to their return or by August 1 – whichever is earlier.
· Individuals without a vaccination card on file after August 1 will be considered unvaccinated and will be entered into the required COVID-19 testing program. Testing must be done two times per week upon the return to campus. Individuals required to test will receive more information from Human Resources.
· Per Cal/OSHA guidelines, unvaccinated individuals will be required to wear a mask indoors except when alone in a fully walled room. When eating/drinking in a common area, unvaccinated people should allow at least six feet of physical distance from others. (At the moment, the California DPH requires that everyone wear masks indoors. CGU will adhere to whatever their recommendation is at the time we return fully to campus.)
· A previous diagnosis of COVID-19 does not exempt an individual from any process related to vaccination status. The CDC recommends vaccination for those who have had COVID-19.
· Individuals choosing not to obtain a vaccine due to medical or religious reasons are asked to file an exemption request. The process is simple and quick. Individuals approved for an exemption fall into the unvaccinated status and will be required to test twice a week and to wear a mask indoors (per Cal/OSHA).
Please note that campus requirements and protocols are subject to change due to recommendations from our campus COVID-19 committee, as well as county and state guidelines and mandates.
Thank you for your cooperation.
CGU COVID-19 Task Force