Claremont Graduate University is located in Claremont, California, 35 miles from Los Angeles. The city of Claremont consists of approximately 35,000 residents, and has a rich cultural, educational, and architectural heritage. Known for its award-winning urban forest, including oaks, jacaranda, sycamore, and gum trees, Claremont also contains 1,788 acres of public park land. In addition to The Claremont Colleges, the city of Claremont also boasts one of the top ranked school districts in Los Angeles County. With 300 days of sunshine and winter temperatures in the 60s, Claremont is often noted as one of the best places in the US to live. The Ontario International Airport is nearby, providing excellent air transportation service for the colleges. Other Los Angeles-area airports are also easily accessible.
Southern California and Beyond
Living in Claremont will put the next president of CGU within reasonable driving distance of many interesting destinations and activities, perfect for day trips or weekend getaways.
- Attend a concert in downtown Los Angeles (40 minutes away)
- Sail in Newport Beach (60 minutes away)
- Golf in Palm Springs (75 minutes away)
- Ski in Big Bear (85 minutes away)
- Sample wines in Santa Barbara (2 hours away)
- Dine in San Diego (2 hours away)
- Catch a show in Las Vegas (3.5 hours away)
- Camp in Yosemite National Park (5 hours away)
- Relax in San Francisco (6 hours away)